Speed up booting in Windows 7 / 100% work
Sometimes it may seem like your Windows 7 PC takes a long time to boot. There are a number of things that can cause this slowness. If you have a lot of programs that load at startup, that could be the cause. We'll show you how to make your Windows 7 computer boot faster by editing the registry!
- Click on Start and in the search box type "regedit" without the quotes.
- In the left pane click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then click on SYSTEM.
- Under SYSTEM, find and click on CurrentControlSet.
- Now find and click on Control.
- Under Control, find and click on SessionManager.
- Now, under SessionManager, click on MemoryManagement.
- Click on Prefetch Parameters.
- Look over in the right pane and double-click on EnablePrefetcher.
- Change the number to 2 and click OK.
- Now double-click on EnableSuperfetch.Change this value to 2 as well and click OK.
- Close the Registry editor and you're done.
- Changes will take effect after you reboot.